Wednesday, January 19, 2005

TownOnline.com - Braintree Forum - Opinion & Letters

TownOnline.com - Braintree Forum - Opinion & Letters: "Rotary to aid tsunami disaster relief efforts
By Paul Pecci/ Experiencing Rotary
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
By now, everyone is aware of the horrific events that unfolded on Dec. 26, 2004 in many countries in Southeast Asia. We are daily being bombarded with heart-wrenching images and incredible stories from places most of us have never even heard about. As a Rotarian in Braintree, I cannot begin to imagine the horror that these people are going through so far away, or the degree of destruction that this single incident has inflicted on so many fellow human beings. Like many of us sitting in our comfortable surroundings, I try to convince myself that that could never happen to me, and thank God that it didn't. But the realization is that it could have. It makes me thankful for all the blessings that have been given to me, and put so many things in perspective. It has also made me realize that these unfortunate people need lots of help."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home